Selenium is an important trace mineral and potent antioxidant that plays a role in supporting normal cell function and development. Through free radical scavenging, selenium supports the body’s natural defenses and immune system.‡
Selenium has also been shown through numerous studies to support healthy thyroid function through the support of conversion of the thyroid hormone thyroxine (T4) to the active form triiodothyronine (T3).‡
Selenase™ provides selenium from the naturally-occurring amino acid, selenomethionine. Studies have shown that selenium obtained from selenomethionine, the organic form, is more bioavailable and easier absorbed by the body than selenium from the inorganic form selenite.‡
Warning: If you are pregnant or lactating woman, have any health conditions, or are taking any medication, make sure to consult your healthcare provider prior to use.
‡ These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
One capsule daily.
Schnabel R, Lubos E, Messow CM, Sinning CR, Zeller T, Wild PS, Peetz D, Handy DE, Munzel T, Loscalzo J, Lackner KJ, Blankenberg S. Selenium supplementation improves antioxidant capacity in vitro and in vivo in patients with coronary artery disease The SElenium Therapy in Coronary Artery disease Patients (SETCAP) Study. Am Heart J. 2008 Dec;156(6):1201.e1-11. doi: 10.1016/j.ahj.2008.09.004. PMID: 19033020; PMCID: PMC3624729.
Sun P, Wang J, Liu W, Bu DP, Liu SJ, Zhang KZ. Hydroxy-selenomethionine: A novel organic selenium source that improves antioxidant status and selenium concentrations in milk and plasma of mid-lactation dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2017 Dec;100(12):9602-9610. doi: 10.3168/jds.2017-12610. Epub 2017 Oct 4. PMID: 28987589.
Konstantinos A. Toulis, Athanasios D. Anastasilakis, Thrasivoulos G. Tzellos, Dimitrios G. Goulis, and Dimitrios Kouvelas. Selenium Supplementation in the Treatment of Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis: A Systematic Review and a Meta-analysis. Thyroid.Oct 2010.1163-1173.http://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2009.0351
Hoffmann PR, Berry MJ. The influence of selenium on immune responses. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2008 Nov;52(11):1273-80. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.200700330. PMID: 18384097; PMCID: PMC3723386.
Hoffmann PR. Mechanisms by which selenium influences immune responses. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2007 Sep-Oct;55(5):289-97. doi: 10.1007/s00005-007-0036-4. PMID: 18219759.
Roman M, Jitaru P, Barbante C. Selenium biochemistry and its role for human health. Metallomics. 2014 Jan;6(1):25-54. doi: 10.1039/c3mt00185g. PMID: 24185753.
- Hygienic Product : Not Specified
- Allergy : Not Specified
- UPC:Not Specified
- GTIN/ITF Barcode : Not Specified
- Units of Measure : Not Specified
- Overall Product Length : Not Specified in
- Overall Product Width : Not Specified in
- Overall Product Height : Not Specified in
- Weight Capacity : Not Specified lbs
- Actual Product Weight : 0.25
- Product Assembly : Not Specified
- Product Installation : Not Specified
- Country of Origin : Not Specified
- Case QTY : Not Specified/case
- Case Weight : Not Specified
- Ships Via Freight : No
- Proposition 65 Warning : Not Specified
Shipping and Returns
- Delivery is free for all orders over $80. Otherwise, delivery is $8-$25 depending on the items you plan to purchase.
- Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 2 to 3 business days in USA, 3 to 8 in Europe. 5 to 15 for the rest of the world.
- You can return your product up to 14 days after receiving your order. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.