Phytosterol Complex is a blend of three natural sources of plant sterols: beta-sitosterol, campesterol, and stigmasterol.
Phytosterols are plant sterols structurally similar to cholesterol and act in the intestine to lower cholesterol absorption. Because they have very low systemic absorption, increasing the intake of phytosterols may be a practical way to support a healthy cardiovascular system. Phytosterols displace cholesterol from intestinal micelles, reducing the pool of absorbable cholesterol.‡
Warning: If you are pregnant or lactating woman, have any health conditions, or are taking any medication, make sure to consult your healthcare provider prior to use.
‡ These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
One vegetable capsule with each meal.
90 Vegetable Capsules
Glynn RJ, Campion EW, Bouchard GR, Silbert JE. The development of benign prostatic hyperplasia among volunteers in the Normative Aging Study. Am J Epidemiol. 1985 Jan;121(1):78-90. PMID 3964994
Wilt T, Ishani A, MacDonald R, Stark G, Mulrow C, Lau J. Beta-sitosterols for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2000;(2):CD001043. PMID 10796740
Cabral CE, Klein MRST. Phytosterols in the Treatment of Hypercholesterolemia and Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2017 Nov;109(5):475-482. doi: 10.5935/abc.20170158. PMID: 29267628; PMCID: PMC5729784.
Assmann G, Cullen P, Erbey J, Ramey DR, Kannenberg F, Schulte H. Plasma sitosterol elevations are associated with an increased incidence of coronary events in men: results of a nested case-control analysis of the Prospective Cardiovascular Münster (PROCAM) study. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2006 Jan;16(1):13-21. doi: 10.1016/j.numecd.2005.04.001. Epub 2005 Jul 28. PMID: 16399487.
AbuMweis SS, Marinangeli CP, Frohlich J, Jones PJ. Implementing phytosterols into medical practice as a cholesterol-lowering strategy: overview of efficacy, effectiveness, and safety. Can J Cardiol. 2014 Oct;30(10):1225-32. doi: 10.1016/j.cjca.2014.04.022. Epub 2014 Apr 25. PMID: 25262863.
Choudhary SP, Tran LS. Phytosterols: perspectives in human nutrition and clinical therapy. Curr Med Chem. 2011;18(29):4557-67. doi: 10.2174/092986711797287593. PMID: 21864283.
Marangoni F, Poli A. Phytosterols and cardiovascular health. Pharmacol Res. 2010 Mar;61(3):193-9. doi: 10.1016/j.phrs.2010.01.001. Epub 2010 Jan 11. PMID: 20067836.
Plat J, Mensink RP. Effects of plant sterols and stanols on lipid metabolism and cardiovascular risk. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2001 Feb;11(1):31-40. PMID: 11383323.
Gylling H, Miettinen TA. The effect of plant stanol- and sterol-enriched foods on lipid metabolism, serum lipids and coronary heart disease. Ann Clin Biochem. 2005 Jul;42(Pt 4):254-63. doi: 10.1258/0004563054255605. PMID: 15989725.
- Hygienic Product : Not Specified
- Allergy : Not Specified
- UPC:Not Specified
- GTIN/ITF Barcode : Not Specified
- Units of Measure : Not Specified
- Overall Product Length : Not Specified in
- Overall Product Width : Not Specified in
- Overall Product Height : Not Specified in
- Weight Capacity : Not Specified lbs
- Actual Product Weight : 0.25
- Product Assembly : Not Specified
- Product Installation : Not Specified
- Country of Origin : Not Specified
- Case QTY : Not Specified/case
- Case Weight : Not Specified
- Ships Via Freight : No
- Proposition 65 Warning : Not Specified
Shipping and Returns
- Delivery is free for all orders over $80. Otherwise, delivery is $8-$25 depending on the items you plan to purchase.
- Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 2 to 3 business days in USA, 3 to 8 in Europe. 5 to 15 for the rest of the world.
- You can return your product up to 14 days after receiving your order. Please make sure that the products are not used or damaged
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.